Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Magic of Christmas

We had a magical Christmas. I said beforehand that I thought that this might be our best Christmas ever and it lived up to its billing. Will is three and just getting into the magic and wonder of Christmas and Lindsay is at that perfect age where boxes and ribbons are the most wonderful playthings imaginable. I could not have scripted a better Christmas or week leading up to Christmas. Everyone was happy, healthy, and fully invested into the magic of the season. My favorite moment, though, came at the start of the week, when we were having dinner with several of our friends at our house. Will and his friends were seated at the "kids' table" and Will says happily to his friend Spencer, "Our whole families are here and that's what Christmas is!"

Out of the mouths of babes...I could not have said it better myself.

No comments: